Help

Early Childhood Education (Pre-K)

circle time and transitions

>

teacher24

circle time and transitions
Old 07-12-2017, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I am looking for new games for circle time and rhymes/chants. What are your favorites?

teacher24 is offline   Reply With Quote

mandamouse123

Old 07-13-2017, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I taught Pre-K, one of the kid's favorites was Looby Loo. My K kids love it, too.

Open, Shut Them is another favorite, along with Miss Polly had a Dolly.
mandamouse123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Gimet

Old 07-14-2017, 11:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For signaling time to pick up and go to Circle Time, I had the Student of the Day ring a bell.
Gimet is offline   Reply With Quote

BusyOne

Circle Time Activity
Old 07-22-2017, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My class loves the What's Missing game and it is so easy to adapt to whatever theme you are doing. You need several objects that go with your theme and something to cover them up with. For example, we are doing a camping unit, so I brought in a backpack with camping supplies. I used a flashlight, bug spray, a sunhat, a marshmallow, a toy fishing rod, a plastic fish, binoculars, a plastic hotdog and a few other items. You can base the number of items on your children's age. My kids have been playing this for the whole year and they are pretty good at it. It is great for enriching their vocabulary. I take out one thing at a time and we name what it is and why we could use it when camping. Then when the backpack was empty, I covered all of the items with a sleeping bag. The children all cover their eyes and I remove one item secretly. They open their eyes, I remove the sleeping bag and they try to figure out what is missing. My class is always excited to play it. We played it with school supplies, with fall items, with plastic foods and cans of food at Thanksgiving, different Christmas ornaments, winter clothing ( I made it harder by putting in several mittens, but different colors or patterns), different plastic farm animals - I'm sure you get the idea.
BusyOne is offline   Reply With Quote