Help

Fourth Grade

1st week lesson plan outlook

>

amylee161

1st week lesson plan outlook
Old 07-16-2017, 08:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

HI! I just got hired to teach fourth grade !! This will be my first year teaching . I am so nervous!!! I am trying to get together my 1st week lessons and don't know where to start .
My fist day I have down !!
It's the next 3 ( we do 4 day) I don't know to start or how to start incorporating each subject and centers
We are a small school ....I have 11 students all day so I will be teaching all subjects

Anyone have lesson plans for the first week or a good run down of what yours will be like? I will be doing lots of procedure review and read out loud and bell work ... from there I'm not sure when to start math ss or science . Any help would be much appreciated!!

amylee161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

First week
Old 07-17-2017, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Welcome to fourth! The first week is definitely setting up routines and expectations. Also getting to know each other activities. I start with a read aloud Miss Mingo. We then complete a Uniquely Me web to hang up.
As far as the subjects, I typically start short lessons on day 2 or 3. Typically for s.s. , I ask students to list all of the things they know about Ohio (our main topic). Then we do it again the last week of school. The list grows!

Keep posting questions and good luck in 4th, it's a wonderful age to teach.
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

Dreamer625

First Week
Old 07-17-2017, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Welcome to 4th grade - they are so much fun to work with.
Some other ideas for the first week:
goal setting
During the 1st week they write me a letter telling me what they like, what they are good at, what they hope to learn, and something I should know about them - this also gives me an idea of writing and spelling skills
I do some timed math facts to compare later on in the year
We do a lot of practice with stations, routines, how to line up, etc
Team building activities are also done during the first week
setting classroom rules, make a poster, and all kids sign it
As for content:
I start math and social studies on day 2 or 3 depending on how much of the first day stuff we get done. In reading we have a week long set of lessons that we use to introduce some of the reading strategies from our reading series. Writing usually starts day 3. I don't really go with full on academics until week 2 - I have found that the more practice we do with routines and procedures the first week or two of school the better it is in the long run for classroom management.
Dreamer625 is offline   Reply With Quote

SteelerFan

4th grade is great!
Old 07-22-2017, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My first week starts off a little different since we are departmentalized, however, I only have two language blocks. So, it's sort of half. We start with at least 1 hr in homeroom to go over daily routines and an introduction to each teacher and subject. A daily homework or agenda book is very important in our school, so I have the students tape a copy of the daily schedule in there - it has classes like art & gym marked so they know when to wear play clothes, etc. Then we begin the first day with an abbreviated schedule of all classes. I do a combo of introductory and curriculum for the first week or so. I realize that I will show the children "how we'll do this in 4th grade" for every routine for my subjects.
I would also add that my most valuable piece of information is a fill in letter I send home to the parents on the first day to learn about their child. (Get to know your child - look for examples online.) I wish I had known about this my first year because it lets me know of the wishes of the parent for their child, as well as, needs that the child might have that aren't evident.
Enjoy your year. With 11 students, you're set to have a great one!
SteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote