Help

The Job Search

Application Questions

>

PinkSparkle9

Application Questions
Old 07-19-2017, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Filling out a job application. Hand written one. Who does they these days? It's for a special ed private school focusing on learning disabilities.

Need help answering some questions.

1.) What are the weak points in your teaching? How did you discover it?
(Stated in another question about strong point being my background and training in literacy)

2.) How have you provided instructional leadership in an educational setting? How did it work? Explain.
(Never did any training and coaching)

3.) In a setting such as this school, you have the opportuniry to try innovative ideas. Do you have a pet idea that you have been anxious to try? Please describe.
(No clue how to answer this)

PinkSparkle9 is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-19-2017, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's really hard to help you respond to these because they are so personal to you and your own experience.

For #1, I'd think about what weakness you've worked to overcome. Name the weakness and turn it into a positive. I have no idea what that might be for you. Pick something that is able to be overcome and won't reflect poorly on your (e.g., pick something that you can be taught to improve upon, and not something that reflects a personality that isn't someone people want to work with).

#2, the question isn't asking about training or coaching particularly, but instructional leadership. Did you mentor anyone or contribute to a team in a positive way (e.g., come up with something new to try that worked out)? Think about anything you've done that positively impacted others in terms of instruction.

For #3, I don't know how to help you. You have to have your own idea about what you'd like to try. Think about any frustrations or difficulties you've had in the classroom and how it might work better and use that.

Good luck!
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 07-21-2017, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

1) I completed my National Board's last year and a part of that is analyzing your teaching and making plans to address a professional need you might have. That's the direction I would go with #1. Is there an instructional area you would like to gain more information about? Do you want to learn more about specific teaching strategies, classroom management, etc? I'd definitely talk about reflecting on your teaching for the "how did you discover it' part.

2) What about working with teaching peers in PLCs or something similar? You wouldn't necessarily need to be the "leader" of a group like that to show leadership.

3) What's your favorite thing to teach? Are you interested in any aspect of education more than others? Incorporating technology, cooperative learning, project based learning, flexible seating, etc.
WGReading is online now   Reply With Quote