Help

Third Grade

Writer's Workshop

>

teachgrade3

Writer's Workshop
Old 07-24-2017, 10:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if anyone can give me some good ideas for writer's workshop? I wanted to try a folder for writer's workshop instead of a journal? Does anyone use a folder and if the do can you tell me how you use it? Thanks.

teachgrade3 is offline   Reply With Quote

CptVanHook

Folders
Old 07-28-2017, 04:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I taught K in the past, but we always used a writing folder. I put a green star on one side & a red star on the other. My students would put projects they were still working on I'm the green side (green for going), & things they believed were finished in the red side (red for stop). That way they could start new projects as needed & their finished work was still there on their conference day.
CptVanHook is offline   Reply With Quote

pausebutton

Volunteers
Old 07-28-2017, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you have a couple of willing parents, I highly recommend using them for writer's workshop. My students have a writing folder as well, but they only keep the work that they are currently working on in it. Anything that they finish, they place in the completed work basket. Any writing that is collected in the completed work basket, I gather up and hand to a parent volunteer. He or she calls students one at a time into the hallway during center time, and the student reads his or her work to the parent. Then, the parent can help in the area that you specify... for my class it was spacing, mechanics, and spelling. It's a great addition to the conferencing that you will do with students and frees you up to focus on writer's craft as opposed to just editing.
pausebutton is offline   Reply With Quote