Door decorations - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

applebeth

Door decorations
Old 09-27-2007, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently student teaching in a 2nd grade classroom and I am doing the November door decoration for the month and I need help!! I thought I could do something simple but I realized that my teacher goes ALL OUT with her door decorations and they look amazing! She tries ti incorporate a picture of each child as well. For example this month the door has pictures of of the children (individually) with a vampire cape on and they're covering part of their face and the door reads, "You can count on us to stay off drugs" and it is decorated really halloweenish. I need some good ideas because I'm not creative but I can definitely put creative things together. If anyone has any ideas that would be awesome!

applebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

anngirl

Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have any ideas...but I'm amazed that a teacher would have enough time to do this!!

I only know one teacher that changes the door decorations seasonally, and even then its only premade posters.

Just remember, don't feel inadequate if you don't change your door decorations every month when you become a teacher.
anngirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tessa

Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

November for you guys is Thanksgiving, isn't it? What about a door celebrating the reasons that the students 'give thanks' in their room? You could read them 'The Giving Tree' (Shel Silverstein) and create a 'giving tree' on the door with 'thanks' statements on the leaves from the children. Perhaps you could have students picking leaves off the tree, or putting them on, to incorporate their picture?

Just my thoughts!

Tessa
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote

applebeth

Old 09-29-2007, 05:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks, that is a cute idea, plus it incorporates the children's ideas and writing which is a plus!
applebeth is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Use the thanksgiving theme
Old 10-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You could do "Look who's thankful to be in second grade!" and have each child write a sentence about something they like about the classroom. You could use pre-made Thanksgiving pad turkeys from Carson-Delosa and put the kids faces on them, or have the kids make them as a project. If you don't want to do turkeys, you could have each child hold up a sign saying "I"m thankful" or holding a decoration like a cornucopia. Photos always enhance any bulletin board type project. One teacher I know would have the kids make something for the door as homework. I don't do seasonal doors, I just do one thematic door at the start for the year and sometimes change it for the end of the year, but that's it.

NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
kim82808

kim82808

ideas
Old 11-06-2009, 10:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I'm student teaching in a 3rd grade room right now so we are in the same boat! One of the teachers in my building has a big turkey that she made on her door. The students each fill out a feather of thanks. Then the door says something like 3B is thankful for .... So basically you just have to make the turkery body and cut out different color (red, orange, brown) and each student gets one. They have to say what they are thankful for to go along with Thanksgiving. Just an idea! I think it would work well for 2nd grade!

Kim
Digby123

Digby123

Classroom voluntier.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just finished doing a classroom door. I purchased at Walmart a package of Pumpkins cut out of foam. Also a large scarecrow for seven dollars. I made a sign that said, " WELCOME TO OUR PATCH." Also, make a crow out of black contruction paper and said, "We have something to crow about." I then made a picture of each student, printed them out and put on each pumpkin. I had a straw hat that each child wore for the picture. Also, glued some leaves around on the door. You can get directions on line for makeing a crow by tracing you hands and a foot. I covered the door first in colored butcher paper.