Help

Third Grade

Help with Morning Message

>

cemsnowy4

Help with Morning Message
Old 08-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am going to try to do morning meeting, responsive classroom, this year for the first time. I was wondering if anyone had any good resources they use everyday to get morning messages for students, activities, and greetings. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Last edited by cemsnowy4; 08-02-2017 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Wrong wording
cemsnowy4 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

All I do is write "Goid morning." I give the directions (they're the same everyday), I put the special we have, any special events or activities and the helper of the day. I also put whose day it is to "shop" for books.

I put it on the SmartBoard. They know to check it first thing in the morning. There's no real secret to it.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. Br3

Morning Meeting...
Old 08-02-2017, 07:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our principal expects all of us to follow Responsive Classroom and to conduct a morning meeting. This year I have a digital pack that I bought on TPT that has all kinds of fun activities, along with a digital morning message that I can type on and project. My routine is roughly going to be:

Monday: Read Morning Message/ Calendar/ Fun greeting/Share about weekend
Tuesday: Read Morning Message/ Calendar/ Fun Greeting/ 5-10 minute journal prompt and share with partner
Wednesday: Read Morning Message/Calendar/Fun Greeting/Share (1-2 students per week)
Thursday: Read Morning Message/ Calendar/ Fun Greeting/ Game
Friday: Read Morning Message/ Calendar/ Fun Greeting/ Awards, Brag Tags, Celebration

I bought a package on TPT by Amber Brown: Teach Outside the Box

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...in-One-1898588
Mrs. Br3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Douglas

Morning Message
Old 08-19-2017, 07:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use my smart board. Students sign in by moving their names to the "At School " column, I list any special events and what they need to have in their desks for the first activity. Then they meet me in the carpet for community circle. Topic of this conversation changes depending on day of week and time of year. Mondays we usually share about our weekend, Fridays we usually reflect on our week. Some days we discuss class issues, sometimes we set goals, it all depends on what is going on at school or in class. Students know to look at smart board a read first thing as soon as they come in.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote