Career Decisions

Going to the Darkside???

>

UniversalDes

Going to the Darkside???
Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all,

Given the year that I've had and the fact that my parents deteriorating health isn't helping matters. I resigned from being a Literacy Coach to move closer to them up in Michigan. I currently hold my Bachelor's in Social Studies, my first Masters in Elementary Education, my second masters in Curriculum and Instruction in Reading, and I'm currently working on a Doctoral in Educational Leadership. Since I moved states, I have been on the hunt for another teaching job/Literacy Coach position but with my degree I found there are a few Elementary schools that would pay for my degree if I went and got the full Administration degree. I'm debating on making this maneuver since my overall goal is to be an Elementary Assistant Principal and then eventually gain enough experience to be a Superintendent or full-on principal?

Thoughts? Comments?

UniversalDes is offline   Reply With Quote

jteachnyc2016

Old 08-19-2017, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

God bless you in getting all of those degrees! I finished my masters this year and I don't plan on going back to school anytime soon lol. How long have you been teaching? If its your passion and you have the experience I'd say go for it. I've known some teachers who get their administrator license but have remained teachers for whatever reason. All the best on your endeavors!
jteachnyc2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

TaffyFL

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I just had to laugh because when I became a literacy coach last year, one my former teammates told a retired teacher I had gone to the dark side!

I guess it is just your perspective! I hope you make the best decision for you!
TaffyFL is offline   Reply With Quote