Help

Smartboarders

Smartboard help

>

Caroltn4

Smartboard help
Old 08-25-2017, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so fed up with my Smartboard! Once in a great while, I can actually write on it, but most days, it is a mess. I have oriented it, restarted it, unplugged and replugged it, downloaded and reinstalled software--everything that I can think of, but it still acts up. The main problem is that you never know where your writing will actually show up on the board. And often it is illegible or just straight lines. Does anyone have a clue of what I could do? Supposedly an IT guy has been contacted and will come to look at it, but last time a tech was sent here to look at it, he basically said that he didn't know what the trouble was, and I never saw him again. ARG!

Caroltn4 is offline   Reply With Quote

whatever

You've already done most
Old 08-27-2017, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

of the things anyone could recommend... The only other thing I can possibly think of is to check how it was cleaned.

Make sure that the Board itself and the markers were not cleaned with something that interrupts the conductivity or connection of the markers to the board. Does the same thing happen if you use your fingers or a tennis ball or other instrument?

I was told (not certain if it is correct) to spray a soft cloth with a cleaning spray like Windex and then wipe the board. Do not spray on the board directly.

Good Luck.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

Caroltn4

Old 08-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for your response. I will clean the board the way you said and hope that will make a difference!

d_ee

illegible smart board
Old 08-28-2017, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

here a few suggestions for what it is worth (actually it is free )

1. have you installed new or updated DRIVERS?

2. We had a similar problem but I think the line when she drew was zig-zag. Turned out it was the metal screws used to hang the SB. If all else fails (cause I know it it DRASTIC to take the board down, but may need plastic washers over the metal screws. I am not a SB tech so ask a tecki first, I just know this was a problem on one of our teacher boards.
good luck! let us know if you get this resolved.
d_ee is offline   Reply With Quote

kkim4

Smart Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 08:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You can try to increase the number of points to orient it. My board jiggles when the air conditioning kicks in or if someone near my classroom slams their door. Instead of 9 points to orient it I set it to 20 points. I have to do it several times a day, but once done it works great until the vibrations gets it out of whack again.

To change the number of contact points to orient it- it's in the smart board tools (I'm not on a computer attached to a smart board so I can't tell you exactly where.)

kkim4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Caroltn4

Old 09-22-2017, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks again for your suggestions. I did clean the screen--no change. I also have oriented the board numerous times using the finest setting. Also no change. Actually the IT guy did show up to look at it. He just asked a few questions about how it was acting and concluded that the controller (?) "probably" needed to be replaced. He said he would check to see if he could get another one, but it was unlikely since the board is five years old. That was two weeks ago. Maybe I'll hear something by Christmas!