Help

The Job Search

list all experience or not?

>

dusty

list all experience or not?
Old 08-28-2017, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have worked in 2 private schools and am still currently at my 2nd private school. This will be my year 5 at my current school and I previously taught 5 years at my 1st private school, same grade. I am thinking about if in the future i want to look for another job and I am wondering whether i should list my experience at my 1st school and my current school or only list my experiences at my current school. I'm not worried about costing too much to be hired because public schools around here wouldn't count all of my private school experience any way as far as pay scale. I just don't know if overall it would look better or worse to list both schools. I'm concerned about looking bad for having too much experience but then i'm concerned it would look weird to have such a large gap from graduating college to my present job. Any thoughts of which is better?
thanks

Last edited by dusty; 08-29-2017 at 01:05 PM..
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 08-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd put both schools and list what you did there. For example, what committees you sat on, clubs you helped run, etc. If you have experience with specific programs, etc I'd list that as well.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 08-29-2017, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would definitely list all your experience-- I really can't think of a reason why you wouldn't in the scenario you describe. If you're not likely to get paid for years, then I can't imagine it would look bad to have experience. Like GG said, definitely list things you did that make you stand out or show your leadership skills.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote