Help

Second Grade

2rl.2.3

>

ojitos

2rl.2.3
Old 09-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello friends! I'm trying to plan my week's lesson but I'm wondering about how to go about it. Before common core we (my school) used to teach Cause And Effect in isolation but now I wonder if I could do a lesson in which I add literary elements along with it. For example, I want to read Lilly's purple purse. I'm thinking first I would teach cause and effect, do some activities, then read the book and create a literary element chart. (characters, setting, problem,events,resolution. Spend the whole week with the same book. I welcome ideas all ideas please.

ojitos is offline   Reply With Quote

hopealope

Old 09-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

cause and effect is technically an informational text standard. But 2rl3 is determining how a character responds to a challenge or problem. So you could read Lilly's Plastic purse and determine the characters and a problem and then have the students explain how the characters reacted to the challenge.
hopealope is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilacs

Old 09-24-2017, 09:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't do common core so am not sure about the specific standards. However, I often use a book to teach more than one concept or skill. Literary elements can be included with every story and simply discussed orally. You could extend the activity with a craftivity that they make the character and speech bubble. They write in the bubble about what she learned during the story. This is character development or how she changed...you would have to decide which of your standards this matches. I found this free on pinterestThen another day or later they could do a Cause and Effect activity.

Mrs. Ana's Room or First Grade Wow were blogs with cute ideas on character development. Sorry not sure how to link them.
Lilacs is offline   Reply With Quote