Help

Second Grade

Friday afternoons

>

fatcat6

Friday afternoons
Old 09-08-2017, 01:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am hoping someone would be willing to share their Friday afternoon tips and schedule! There are no breaks or specials on our Friday afternoons. The students behavior and attention is gone. I have tried dance breaks, games, etc. Help!

fatcat6 is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Thoughts...
Old 09-09-2017, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I find that Friday afternoons are always a good time to clean desks and do some housekeeping in the classroom. It usually takes about fifteen to twenty minutes. Pencils need sharpening...book boxes need organizing...shelves need dusting.

I also like to have a reader's theater of a book (or books) we read ready for a Friday afternoon.

You could also have your students work on these reader's theater scripts during the week and present them on Friday afternoon.

You kids could bring a stuffed animal and have a read-in for forty-five minutes.

Popcorn/fruit juice and a movie of a book you read to them is always fun. Then they could compare the movie and the book with a partner.
ConnieWI is offline   Reply With Quote

GlacierRose

Old 09-10-2017, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always loved Friday afternoons! Taking care of loose ends, completing any unfinished work from the week, playing math games, cleaning desks and the classroom (second graders love to help). I also taught an art lesson every Friday afternoon.
GlacierRose is offline   Reply With Quote

Lilacs

Old 09-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Craftivity...a writing and craft project, or a craft/math (snowman clocks), or we do a phonics craft (Magic E man or Bandit Y puppets). You could also do center review games and read alouds.
Lilacs is offline   Reply With Quote

sac3rd

Show and Tell
Old 10-20-2017, 04:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Students love Show and Tell! This is also a great way to show your admin that you are addressing speaking and listening standards. Put a twist on it: students must use at least 1 adjective when describing their item. The other students must identify what it was. Have students label their feedback: comment or question.

sac3rd is offline   Reply With Quote