Special Education

I want to change jobs but don't know how

>

Millyfox

Millyfox

I want to change jobs but don't know how
Old 10-02-2017, 02:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a special education teacher and have been with the school system for over 5 years. However, I feel I need to change jobs. I decided to give it another year thinking the break during summer would help but it is still the same. I'm an inclusion teacher and it is terriBle the teachers don't want our kids in their rooms. Instead of a supportive work place for our kids it is negative. They just want to know how to move them from their class. It is not the kids why I want to leave but administration. I just don't know what else to do? I thought if I could make it the rest of the year maybe I could be a librarian? I have also thought of finding an office job at district? I have Crohn's disease which makes it worse last year I almost died from it. I think if I keep up as stressed as I am I will get sick again. I bring work home every night and weekend and work until bed. I'm so tired but I don't even know where to start...

Suggestions

Suggestions

Options
Old 10-02-2017, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here are some ideas that you might like to consider:
1) Contact the county offices of education in your area and inquire about itinerant or other teaching positions in both special ed. and regular ed. Positions often exist for teachers to work with students on medical leave or those in alternative education programs. You can also call all the local districts and make the same inquiry.
2) Consider working as a teacher-advisor in homeschool programs that hired certificated teachers. Connect with a homeschool network and talk to parents about teacher-advisors to develop specific leads.

Good luck to you! Let us know if you need any more help.