New Kindergarten Teacher...any/all advice welcomed

>

Beth73

Beth73

New Kindergarten Teacher...any/all advice welcomed
Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone...
I previously was a special ed case manager working with various grades for 3 years and just started a new job where I have my own integrated kindergarten classroom. This is a welcomed, but overwhelming challenge. I am finding it really tough to focus on all the good I know while learning new curriculum, new students, new co-workers, and a new building and district. Sometimes I find my mind is so crammed full with information I forget the simplest strategies to help my kiddos. I have one student who has been having major behavior issues and a few friends who are very academically low as well...along with a couple others who are extremely skilled already! Basically, I feel as though I am in over my head more often than not trying to meet all the expectations and honestly any input is welcomed!

Sbkangas5

Old 10-08-2017, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

General advice can be hard to give, but since you just started treat it like the very beginning of school. Work on routines, procedures, and community building a lot. Once you have those down it's time to start on academics, but if you don't have the expectations set and known it will be a fight all year.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote