Help

Middle School/Jr High (6-8)

North America project ideas??

>

CJS87

North America project ideas??
Old 10-05-2017, 05:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Looking for a fun/educational project to work on for junior high students...

Thanks for the ideas!!

CJS87 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Create a timeline
Old 10-05-2017, 08:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

of North American history of some sort. It takes research and a well planned and designed end product.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

Eccj

Idea for North American project
Old 10-09-2017, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Below is a list of World Heritage Sites in North America. You could have each student choose one site, research it, write a research paper (short), either make a poster or PowerPoint, and then present it to the class. This is a way for them to really become an expert on one place, and then share their information with the class.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America
Eccj is offline   Reply With Quote

whd507

road trip project
Old 04-14-2018, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did a road trip. I got a stack of best western motel guides (free) and mapped out a route across most of the 48 states, cities and some large towns. They researched a new car or truck that would seat their group (usually 3) they would get a brochure, price it out with options, get the miles per gallon rating (highway) and tire size. (they get a flat in Winslow) they "left" the school on a certain date, and followed the route. they used mapping apps to tell them how long between stops. they had to put each stop on a seperate page, give me the motel rate (date specific) and "stay" 24 hrs in most towns, 48 hrs in state capitols, and 72 hrs in DC. they needed to list the general climate, the average temp and weather of the day they are there, major attractions and the route they took. I set a price for gas and a perdeim for food per person. they had to figure out the cost of each leg of the trip. they get a flat tire in winslow AZ, and have to actually call and find a real shop there with the exact tire their vehicle takes (exact brand and model) price it with tax, and then they finally get "home" and give me a total time on the road, arrival time and total cost of the trip. takes about two weeks to finish if you have enough stops. I made then put it all in a binder. 20 years later my students still talk about that project. a couple of girls actually drove a large part of their trip when they graduated HS. it covers consumer math, geography, and lots of higher thinking skills.
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote