Help

Substitute Teachers

Week 2

>

spedder1

Week 2
Old 10-11-2017, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am in week two of my long term sub job. At this point I am being treated as a classroom teacher, not a sub. I had an IEP meeting today. Luckily it was on one of my former students. A student had his g-tube fall out today. Mom came and put in a new one. We had a nice talk. She's concerned about having a revolving door of subs in the room. I told her I had 88 more days I could sub and hopefully they would have someone in the room well before then. As of this afternoon I know that one person may apply for the position. They are going to screen all applicants very carefully this time so that they don't put someone in who doesn't know how to teach the population or thinks all they have to do is babysit all day.
Kathy

spedder1 is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 10-13-2017, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It's nice that you are being treated as a regular teacher instead of just a sub. It means a lot to have a trusted, experienced teacher in a long term position. It's a shame you are limited to 88 days, but that does give them time to put a qualified person into the position.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote