Help

Substitute Teachers

Assignment notes

>

Wellson

Assignment notes
Old 10-20-2017, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do any of you keep notes for each assignment? I have a system but I am curious what others do.

I get an email conformation for each assignment so I keep that and I also use a note book to log my assignments and make notes about the lesson plan, behavior, anything I think may be important to remember. I started it as a cover my butt log when teachers didn't leave plans, or things went wrong or I just needed an extra note for myself that I did not want to leave on my sub report.

One more thing, does any one keep a copy of their sub report. I keep meaning to start taking a picture of what I leave because sometimes I forget little details.

Wellson is offline   Reply With Quote

Mikhail

many
Old 10-20-2017, 11:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Back in the day, not too long ago, I knew of a supply teacher that used her own triplicate. One report goes to an admin/office, another with the regular, and the last she kept. She did so because she wanted to reflect on her experience for obvious reasons. Mind you it cost her some pretty penny having those triplicate made from Office Depot. A colleague of mine e-mails his non-sequiturs. He would receive some response sometimes or an invite to guest teach again. He wishes that it would lead to something more regular. In my case, I leave no evidence behind as much as possible, ! I would say everything was good even if it's not at all true
Mikhail is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 10-20-2017, 11:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I do not keep copies of my sub reports. My sub reports are single copies and I don't wish to invest in multiple copy sheets. If there is something I think I may need to explain later, I do keep notes for myself.

What I do is keep copies of is the attendance roster for any teacher I know regularly does not leave a class list for me. I just copy the names down from the office attendance into my spiral binder so that I have that list in case of a fire drill or real emergency. At our school the accountability sheets are blank and teachers must fill in the names. That's fine if you know the kids names but I usually don't. I teach in elementary so often times the younger kids don't know their own full names. It helps to have that list available throughout the day not only for drills but to reference for my own needs to identify students. Since I keep the copy in my spiral tablet it is there for me the next time I'm in that class. I just checked the names against the attendance roster in the morning to be sure there are no new additions or deletions.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatrynG

Phone Note Pad
Old 10-20-2017, 12:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use the Note Pad in my phone to keep track of the teachers/grades/dates/confirm#s. I make a note if a class was really good or NOT a class to return to teach.

So when I get calls from teachers and sub coordinators I know when to say 'yes' and when to say 'NO Way!'
KatrynG is offline   Reply With Quote

artladyhere

Old 10-20-2017, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I definitely keep a log of each day I sub (I know I can see it on Aesop, but I like it on paper). I definitely make notes of the rougher classes.

artladyhere is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Old 10-20-2017, 11:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I take photos of the teacher’s plans, my notes to the teacher, the assignments I recorded on the board, etc. After teaching full time for thirty years, I learned to cover all my bases. This is just me.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

BayAreaSub

Sub notes
Old 10-21-2017, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I don't keep detailed notes for each class, but I usually save the seating chart I sketch out for each assignment. (I only sub elementary.) In the margins of the page, I will jot down reminders for the next time, like "room is very cold-- remember sweater" "no pencil sharpener, bring one" "teacher doesn't allow ______" "lots of medical issues". It helps.
BayAreaSub is offline   Reply With Quote