Help

Retired Teachers

Another Retirement Perk

>

mhugs

Another Retirement Perk
Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I can stay up and watch the late Sunday football game and don't have to worry about dragging out of bed on Monday morning.

Thought my eyes were getting bad, then they said the fog is settling in on the field in Boston.
Save

mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Beach Glass

Sunday Evening
Old 10-22-2017, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Not even 10 minutes ago, I leaned over to my husband as we were watching a movie, and commented at how FREEING it felt to not have to deal with Sunday night teaching woes: lunches for the next day/week, dinner planning, dealing with before or after school meetings during the week, wondering if my plans were really ready for the week...

Then I pointed out to my husband that this was the first year he's able to take his birthday (tomorrow) off for deer hunting and not take it as a personal day!

Life is good.
Beach Glass is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 10-22-2017, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I stay up late whenever I want. I can sleep in when I want. I can go to see my son and DIL without taking days off.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I have never been an early bird
Old 10-22-2017, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It was unnatural for me to get up at 5 AM. I was at work by 6:15 or 6:30. I liked getting there early when it was quiet. I could get a great deal of work accomplished. Then I left at early as possible in the afternoon unless we had a meeting. Worked for me but was against my natural late night desire.

Now I stay up until midnight or a little later. Then I sleep till 9 most mornings. It feels like my natural rhythm. I love this aspect of retirement.

Now that I get plenty of sleep, have less stress and am not around all the kid's germs I am not sick as often with sinus and respiratory infections. I used to have 5 to 8 infections between the end of September and mid March. Last year I only had two! I hope I stay as healthy this year, my second year of retirement. This is one more reason I love retirement.
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-23-2017, 06:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

To add to the list of perks, I love relaxing in the evening. I usually walk and run errands in the morning and work around the house in the afternoon, then late afternoon/evening is mine. If I want to be, Iím done for the day. I love retirement.

amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

readbooks

Lots
Old 10-23-2017, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We read in (not skeep in) late most mornings. We then get up and have our tea/coffe, then get goIng for the day. NO RUSH

I am once again enjoying some activities from my past. When I was little mom would take us to auctions most fall Saturdays. Well DH is new to this but is getting into too. We went to auctions Saturday, Sunday, and Monday a week ago. That sound retired to me!

DH and I go out to his shop most days. He does his thing while I flip some of the great things I've found at the auctions. Working together in dh's shop is something we did about 10 years ago or so. It's fun to work together apart again.

We get to see the dgk's at least every week or 2 rather than about 3 times a year.

I didn't think I was going find things to do with my days. No problem there.
readbooks is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 10-23-2017, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I hear ya! I feel the same way about the MLB playoffs and the World Series!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachwonder

Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I still have a ways to go, but the things you have all mentioned are what I'm looking forward to. Sleeping in, running errands when it's not so busy, on Sunday no Monday worries, spending the day getting things accomplished or spending the day reading if I should choose. Love hearing you guys talk!
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote