Help

Retired Teachers

Vacuum cleaner recommendations

>

lisa53

Vacuum cleaner recommendations
Old 10-28-2017, 02:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a small person with arthritis. Recently I had an epiphany about yard work...if I get the right equipment, and I am willing to do a little each day, I can get the work done myself. I bought a light weight battery powered weed trimmer this summer and can do all the trimming myself. I have to stop when the battery needs to be charged, so it takes several sessions, but I never overdo it because of that.

I am now thinking about cleaning floors with this idea in mind. I have a floor steamer which is the most awesome way ever to clean kitchen and bathroom floors...but I need to figure out the vacuuming.

I currently have a Dirt Devil upright vac. It's a pain in the neck to use the attachments. It's heavy to carry upstairs. I do like the fact that it is bagless and has a HEPA filter.

I would like to find a light weight, battery powered vac, so I don't have to haul this big thing all over the house and find an outlet to plug it in everywhere.

I had a Roomba for awhile, but it died an untimely death far too early for something so expensive, and I found it needed a lot of prep and a lot of cleaning. That was years ago, though, and we had a cat then, so maybe it would be different now.

Any recommendations?

lisa53 is online now   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 10-28-2017, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Dyson I love, but itís heavy. Iím thinking about getting one of these: http://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners...FQdmfgod27gFYw
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

teachwonder

Old 10-28-2017, 10:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'll be interested in seeing what people have to say. I was going to suggest a Roomba but now maybe not. You might check and see if they have improved them?
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

jjwires

Old 10-28-2017, 10:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a Shark Lift Away & love it. It's light weight & easy to maneuver.
jjwires is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 10-28-2017, 08:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have a Dyson. I am not really fond of it because to me the hose with attachments is awkward. That being said, it maneuvers very easily and it lightweight. I can turn the brushes off so I can vacuum our bare floors. I do love that! I much prefer our Shark Rocket for the carpets in our bedrooms.

Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

vacuum cleaner
Old 10-28-2017, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Interesting how my page shows an ad for Dyson as if it knew we were discussing vacuum cleaners. Hmmmmm....
I was at Costco yesterday and saw a Dyson V6 cordless stick vacuum, which is lightweight, cordfree and very powerful. I have an older Dyson model which I love, but it is fairly heavy. The V6 on the other hand was much lighter and I wish I could afford it. They are pricy. They also have the Dyson V7 and V8 and they are even more expensive than the V6. A woman who saw me admiring the V6 told me that her daughter has one and swears by it.

My cleaning lady has a Shark which she prefers to my Dyson because it is lighter.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

I just bought a dyson animal ball vacuum
Old 10-29-2017, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am embarrassed to tell you how much pet hair came out of my carpets even though I have been vacuuming them consistently.

I purchased it at Costco. It came with at least 6 attachments. I had to go online to figure out what each one of them did! It does a great job on both the rugs and the hardwood floors.

It is rather clumsy to carry up the stairs because I am small, but because we only have one area rug on the upper floor I just use the old vacuum that I keep upstairs and use a dry mop on the hardwood floors.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

CZMOM

Old 10-31-2017, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I love my Shark Navigator Lift away. It is great on all floors and easy to clean stairs. My Dyson does not work on my plush carpet and area rug. The suction is way to high and it is impossible to push over the thick carpeting.
CZMOM is offline   Reply With Quote