Help

The VENT

I write more sub plans than actual lesson plans

>

Teacher_twins

I write more sub plans than actual lesson plans
Old 10-29-2017, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As I was filling out a sub-request for my meeting on Tuesday, I realized something, in the month of October, there are more purple circles than white circles on my calendar. The purple circles mean I took a sub for school business reasons. Of the 19 days, we had school in October, I was in a meeting (most of these meetings could have been an email about testing and our school and district goals) during one class or another for 12 days! This means I had to write sub plans (at 7:00 in the morning because I never find out about these meetings until the morning of) 12 times!

I met with my APC earlier today for my AP Data Chat (there was no time during the school day for us to meet so we decided to meet on Sunday at Panera Bread). At the end of the meeting, I showed him this calendar and asked him if there was anything he could do. I would rather take a whole day off once or twice a month for meetings instead of taking off two hours over 12 days for smaller meetings because now my classes are all at different places and it is really messing me and my students up. He told me I wasn't the first to talk to him about this and he was working on it but can't make any promises.

The point of these meetings is for the higher-ups to give me information that I then pass onto my departments during our PLC meetings.

Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

eeza

more sub days than regular days
Old 10-29-2017, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is, in a word, ridiculous! Just think about how much instructional time those kids lost out on. Those higher ups should think about that before pulling you (especially last minute!), but they don't care.
eeza is offline   Reply With Quote