Help

Retired Teachers

My FB account was hijacked!

>

blueskies96

My FB account was hijacked!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Arrgh. I had just set up my advertising pages for my book. Then after I learned just enough to be a hazard to myself apparently I was hijacked by someone in China with a Blackberry.

I am taking it as a wake-up call. I'm going tomorrow to open a savings account to use strictly for any online things that require a bank account such etsy, kindle, etc.

No more ads on fb!! It didn't take them long to see my page growth and steal it. I only had my american express prepaid card linked so all they could steal was 5.00. Ha.

I seriously think I will print and bind my own books. Analog, snail mail, and bookstores, baby.

blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

twinsister

Old 10-31-2017, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is terrible. Good for you that you had used a prepaid card. I never thought how easy it would be for someone to get it through Facebook. You have a smart idea to start a separate account for your book. I think I am going to go get a prepaid card for those "out of the ordinary" sales.
twinsister is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

hacked
Old 10-31-2017, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Ugh! That is horrible! I'm not quite sure if I understand how it happened. You placed an ad on FB and someone hacked your FB account? Did FB help you sort out the mess? Is this a common thing that they won't tell you? I wonder if FB can be held liable for this hack and the $5 theft. Sorry you had to learn the hard way but thank you for sharing this experience so we can be more careful too.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 11-01-2017, 02:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What happened is I couldn't sign in and I kept trying, then I checked and someone had signed in via blackberry. I've never had a Blackberry so I knew it had been done. It must have been done by a big operation as somehow I kwall kept coming to this fake screen to change my password but it had words misspelled.

I had to do a factory reset on my phone because I was even locked out ofChrome! When I get time I'll type this up and send to fb. It may be helpful to them or they may ignore it who knows

Nothing was lost but my time, I went ahead and spent the money on the card, so there isn't anything to be had. I only had 5.00 left on the prepaid card, I didnt lose it. No bank accounts were linked Ha. I had another fb account that I'd forgotten about so just hooked back up with that.

No more staying logged in and no more using fb to sign in with other apps.

I'm not messing with contacting fb...just a lesson learned. For convenience I had used an app that links all social media, Twitter fb, pinterest, etc. BAD IDEA! This is where it happened.

blueskies96

Old 11-01-2017, 02:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

DO NOT USE your fb sign in to sign in to other apps. This is convenient but allows many others access to your login info. Eventually they will figure out your password.

blueskies96

Old 11-01-2017, 08:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Just now got a message from fb they paused my credit card due to a person trying to use it from China.
So I will only use fb app and not the "LITE" app I was using. Maybe my old account can be recovered after all. I'm impressed. I thought it was pointless to pursue it.
connieretire

connieretire

Old 11-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I had my FB account cloned. If that happens to you, send your friends a notice to NOT accept an invite from your name. It happens.

blueskies96

Old 11-01-2017, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have decided that it's a sign to change direction. I've always wanted to make handmade books. I can't justify paying 5.00 a copy or more for my own paperback book. SO I printed off some books of poetry on my cheap home printer as an art project.
It's more fun, anyway.

teachwonder

Old 11-01-2017, 09:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

This whole hacking thing is just scary as all get out. I've frozen my credit but I don't know what else they might be able to get to!
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 11-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Ok that's it. I'm going analog except for pt.

My alternative fb page was also shut down. All because someone tried to use a card that only had a 5.00 balance on it!!!!

Now I have to send fb a scanned copy of my drivers license if i want my account back. I have no desire to have fb that badly.