Help

Substitute Teachers

Anybody else having problems with...

>

mrsd5

Anybody else having problems with...
Old 11-01-2017, 04:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...Jobulator? Jobs aren't popping up. It happened once before, and I got it straightened out. I'm not too upset now, as November is really busy this year. I'll be in NJ tomorrow through Monday to babysit my granddaughter and visit. I'll go back for her baby sister's birth a week or two later (son and wife are buying me a plane ticket). Then there's Thanksgiving. But I need to get some days in and can't always be on Aesop (Frontline).

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Old 11-02-2017, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Several times a day I get a message that it can't connect to the internet. I am still getting job notifications, but I suspect not all of them.
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tapdancesub

Old 11-02-2017, 12:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't use jobulator, but Aesop has been slow to load and glitchy the past 2 days.
Tapdancesub is offline   Reply With Quote

sunshine97

Old 11-02-2017, 02:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use the substitute alert app. Cheaper and much more effective
sunshine97 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Sub Alert App Also Having problems
Old 11-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have Sub Alert and they also claim that Frontline -AESOP has been having issues with their back servers lately (which is supposedly what allows all these job apps to function correctly with Aesop). I believe them because the guys behind this app seem very nice and straight forward with me regarding all the AESOP ISSUES this year. Right now, Sub Alert does not show my list of scheduled jobs because of Frontline's back server issue.

However, I am still seeing jobs show up on the app, but the notification time has been delayed a great deal to the point where it is much faster to just check aesop directly and grab jobs directly from there. Meaning jobs are appearing on Aesop about 5-10 min before appearing on my app (sometimes). I am sure this is the same issue with Jobulator and the other sub apps. Once these back server issues are resolved on Frontline's end, hopefully these apps will work better. But this time of year when it gets busy, these apps are probably just a waste of money anyway.

NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lisajohnljc

Reg Sub Alert problems....I am frustrated....
Old 11-05-2017, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

What the heck is going on with SubAlert app??
I too contacted them, and they sent me various excuses, every time blaming Frontline, Aesop and my district for the problems. But then I look on Aesop, and it's working fine.
I've had "connection error" messages, "Frontline refusal to connect" messages and yes, scheduled jobs not showing either for over a month now. And for the last two weeks, I've seen almost no jobs at all on the app.

Is it possible the districts are purposely messing with the back servers because they don't want us picking up jobs with outside apps anymore??

Last edited by lisajohnljc; 11-05-2017 at 07:21 PM..
lisajohnljc is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Dont think it is just Sub Alert
Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I believe all the sub apps are having problems right now. I think if anything, Frontline may be doing this on purpose because they don't like these third party apps working on their behalf. This is just my opinion. I realize that all these apps CLAIM they have been approved by Aesop Frontline to work on their behalf, but not sure how true these claims are. Sub Alert does insist they are working closely with Frontline to resolve these issues. We will see.

lisajohnljc

Old 11-06-2017, 07:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hey thanks so much for responding here. I'm very glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with this. And, I totally agree with your thoughts!

I've got at least 4 responses from "Subalert" to my inquiries about all the problems, and they blame Frontline every time.
But when I asked them point-blank, if our districts were purposely manipulating the servers to not respond to requests from Subalert, they say that's not the case at all, and that the problems are because Frontline's backend interface is down and that Frontline is working to fix it!

Seems fishy to me. I think they keep saying this because they don't want to lose all our subscription business! I've literally seen less than a handful of jobs over the last 4-6 weeks on both Subalert and Aesop! And last year I worked constantly and got all my jobs off SubAlert.

Are the districts messing with the interface on purpose, to keep us tied to Aesop, clicking endlessly for jobs that we don't really want but have no other option to take if we want to work! Anyone know anything I don't??

Last edited by lisajohnljc; 11-06-2017 at 08:05 AM..
lisajohnljc is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Interesting questions and comments
Old 11-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm lucky, because I work mostly in my old building, so I get requests. Basically, the teacher calls or messages to see if I'm available. If I am, they go directly to the secretary, who enters the job and assigns me. I get a notice or email that I have to acknowledge. In other cases, I'm a preferred sub, so at least I have a one to four hour time frame in which to accept or decline the job. But twice now I have had a week where nothing has popped up. So frustrating.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

Sub Alert Working Perfect Again
Old 11-08-2017, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

On my end, Sub Alert seems to be back up again and working very well. I can also see my scheduled assignments once again. If anyone else is still having issues, it may be your local school district blocking it perhaps. Is anyone else still having problems with the app?

BecomingEduc

Old 11-11-2017, 08:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

AESOP hasnít been running properly for me. Sometimes it doesnít load, sometimes it does but shows I have no jobs (when I do) and sometimes itís okay. Technology is amazing - when it works!
BecomingEduc is offline   Reply With Quote