Help

Retired Teachers

Hair Loss

>

Hideeho

Hair Loss
Old 11-02-2017, 01:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been losing my hair with each combing and/or brushing that I do. It started probably --- maybe about a year or so ago.

I did mention it to my personal Dr and since I already deal with thyroid problems, she had another blood test done for that. It turned out OK.

When I was going through the cancer deal and answering never-ending questions, I mentioned the hair loss to them. Age related. Why thank you very much -- not!

Thyroid apparently checks out OK. Why yes, I am of the age when I might begin to lose hair -- but constantly? Daily?

Has/is anyone experiencing this, too?

My hair has always been deceivingly thick, and I'm no where getting thin on top anywhere (that I know of). But it still bugs me.

Hideeho is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Hideeho
Old 11-02-2017, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iíve been experiencing the same thing. Last week, handful after handful of hair was coming out as I ran my fingers through it. My beautician noticed a small bare spot in back a few months ago. My hair is very fine but I was always told that I had a lot of it. I made an appointment to check my thyroid levels next week.

I usually wear mascara or nothing now that Iím retired. But, the hair loss I donít really want to deal with. Itís a girl thing. 😀

Hope yours turns out to be nothing. Iím interested to see what others say.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 11-02-2017, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Go to an endocrinologist and have him or her order more labs. Most primary care docs do not check thyroid levels with enough detail. Since you already have thyroid issues that is very likely your problem.

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Faith508

Old 11-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Check with your doctors and also try Natures's Bounty Hair, Skin and Nails. It has made my fine hair healthier. Also, as a bonus, my fingernails are the strongest they've ever been.
Faith508 is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

My hair is still coming out
Old 11-13-2017, 07:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I saw my regular physician of many years as a first step. The hair came out in her hands when she began to check. I had blood tests today to check the thyroid (already have hypothyroidism), for anemia, autoimmune disorders such as lupus. etc. My daughter has Hashimotos disease so I will also call her physician who is an eye, ear, and throat doctor who is renowned in our area and has treated many members in my former husband’s family.

I have to say I’m getting pretty worried. There are a host of other things I have already, but I have a bad feeling about this one. And, who wants to lose their hair in their early sixties? Really, I am not vain- wear little to no makeup now, am no longer out to impress anyone, etc.

Nature’s Bounty Hair, Skin, and Nails is worth a try. I’m assuming that is a vitamin supplement.

kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote