Help

BusyBoard

Seeking tips on multi-grade classrooms

>

teacherwriter

Seeking tips on multi-grade classrooms
Old 11-04-2017, 03:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm moving to a position in a multi-grade classroom. The students are in two adjacent grades, but because of standards, they're not studying exactly the same thing, of course. I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on how to juggle the overlap between different levels of the same subject. For example, I'm supposed to teach social studies at the same time. How should I best organize one class time with two different topics and grade levels so I meet individual standards and keep everyone productive and learning?

teacherwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Notsurewhatto

Multigrade class
Old 11-04-2017, 07:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've taught in small, private schools for years and we often have split classrooms with a similar challenges. I would set up a space to post review work from the day before for one grade as I taught the new material to the other grade then switch. You can also set up a review center or an introduction to the new material on an iPad for the students to begin with as you are working with the other grade. Another thing I liked to do is set up partners between the two grades. Partners can quiz each other to get ready for a test by switching study sheets and review questions. Good luck
Notsurewhatto is offline   Reply With Quote