Help

BusyBoard

Best Christmas Pageant Ever

>

trasie

Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Old 11-04-2017, 04:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am collecting ideas for a community event based on this book. I need lessons, displays... It will be a live event which will be prepared in the classroom but the school community will be invited to walk through and observe at completion. TPT links are welcome although it's intended to be a book study plus much more. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by trasie; 11-04-2017 at 04:20 AM..
trasie is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Sorry I am late to offer help
Old 11-09-2017, 11:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have seen some pins on Pinterest where the kids create a timeline of the story if you will on cloth or paper and then place it on the floor so students can walk through the story. You could even have them make side notes explaining the parts of the story like introduction to setting, introduction to character______, conflict, resolution, conclusion.......

I think the victors would enjoy this kind of interactive display.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Read this years ago
Old 11-09-2017, 11:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

and do not remember much about the story. But could your students dress up like the characters? perhaps wear Christmas clothes? Just a thought.

Could they make gifts for the main characters of the book? It would need to be something that made a connection to the character. Then you could display the gifts.

Should you play Christmas carols in the background?

Could you have a Christmas tree and allow visitors to make paper decorations to hang on the tree? Students could give directions on how to make the ornaments.

Have students write on big chart paper in large colorful markers what they learned from this book. Have a discussion about theme first to get them on the right track. Then display the chart papers around the room.

Have several copies of the book available for people to look at. You might need to attach them to something with a string so none of them "walk off".

Make a welcome door cover that says SHAZAM!

Hold a panel discussion about bullies.

Be sure to share some information about the author of this great little classic novel.

Make a list of what makes this a funny story. Then try to group the events into types of humor.

What is sad in the story. Have students write down parts of the text that they felt were sad to learn the tone of literature is an important concept. Or they could write the saddest and funniest part on a sheet with each taking up half the space.

Hope I said something helpful. Good luck. Let me know how it works out.

Watch the movie and then create Venn Diagrams comparing the book to the movie version.

Last edited by 1956BD; 11-09-2017 at 11:58 PM..

trasie

Old 11-12-2017, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You're not late and I sure appreciate all the ideas. I'm hoping to get started next week (since it's a short week) by starting the book and setting the kids to work.

trasie is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Great!
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

ley me know how it goes. good luck!