The VENT

Jobs

>

happy2learn-

Jobs
Old 11-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,

I am 24 and I am currently in school getting my Master's of Education in Elementary Education. The program I am in allows me to get my teaching licensure once reached completion and pass my state test and meet my state teaching requirements and such.

I currently work in the medical field doing Sterile Processing which is the opposite of what I am trying to do which is teach. I will say ever since I started my current job it has brought some good things out of it such as helping me discover what it is that I want to do in life. At times I want to leave my job and find something in the Education field but it's hard when you don't have experience and don't have the required certification and licensed.

My question for you anyone that could help bring suggestions and advice is: Where could I work in the education field (whether it's online or physical location) that will allow me to get my foot in the door and still make decent money while completing my degree (side note: I do live on my own and have no kids & I also tutor on the side)?

Thanks and can't wait to here everyone's thoughts. :-)

happy2learn- is offline   Reply With Quote

SpedinTx

Old 11-07-2017, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Depending on your area subbing can bring in decent money. My district pays 125 a day. Several people attend college 2 days a week and sub the rest. Downside no benefits.

Working as an aide is a possibility if you need benfits but you work all day and study time is limited.

The best job for your situation is what we call Bulldawg University. The teachers there monitor students work. If an assignment is not turned in the students gets one school day to complete it. If the assignment is still out, the student is assigned to Bulldawg U. The students come after school for 3 hours and work with the teachers. Since school policy states that if you attend Bulldawg U, you are suspended from all school activities for a week, which includes football practice and games. So very few students end up going and they have tons of study time.
SpedinTx is offline   Reply With Quote

happy2learn-

Re:
Old 11-07-2017, 09:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hey! Thanks for the advice. Is the Bulldawg U offered throughout the country or just in certain states? I live in South Carolina.
happy2learn- is offline   Reply With Quote