Sequencing & Time Order Words - ProTeacher Community

cll

cll

Sequencing & Time Order Words
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a student working with a 3rd grade reading class and the teacher wants me to work on sequecing and time order words. Does anyone have any ideas to work on these skills with small groups and the whole class?

Deseree

Deseree

time order and sequence
Old 03-05-2006, 04:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Making cookies and writing about what you did is great. First, next,then, finally - get it? Also, there is an activity from Basic Writing Skills where you use vocabulary words from content areas or even the novel you are reading and put them in sentences with the type of transition words you are working with - an example she (Dr. Hochman from BWS) would use in science:

Directions: Write sentences using the following words.

currently / Monarch Butterflies

(Then, you provide lines for the students to write and they would, hopefully, write something like the sentence below.)

Currently, scientists are studying the migration patterns of Monarch Butterflies.

lis3569

Old 03-09-2006, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We made PBJ sandwhiches once and they had to write a story use the sequence order words. I had them write the steps on bread shaped papers, a jelly blob and a PB blob and finally we added another bread slice. It was fun!

Just check for Peanut allergies first!
lis3569 is offline   Reply With Quote
stardusts

stardusts

Time and order words
Old 05-11-2009, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Time and order words are used for telling time in order. Such as cooking cookies or other things that you can cook. Don't worry, I had to do like 30 essays a day. I didn't know what time to turn it in. Try your best. Anyways, every year you learn the same thing you do now. Except they're more detailed every year, but don't give up!
stardusts

stardusts

To Deseree about scientists
Old 05-11-2009, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Scientists are working on different things such as the swine flu or about twins. But, there's nothing to worry about the swine flu. Just wash your hands every time you eat and don't eat part of other people's lunches.

stardusts

stardusts

To lis3569 about his reply earlier
Old 05-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Before you eat, you better wash your hands. To keep the germs off and to keep your body healthy. Some kids thinks being unhealthy is good because they can get out of school. But that's not true, what if you got cancer? Cancer is a sickness that can cause you to die. If you have cancer and die, what's the use of getting out of school? You will never see your school or your family again. SO, IM WARNING YOU TO WASH YOUR HANDS EVERY DAY.
stardusts

stardusts

Listening to teachers
Old 05-11-2009, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Listen to your teacher at all times. You have to respect your teachers. To get an A+, you have to pay attention and do all your homework every day. I respect every teacher with all my might including the PE teacher, Mrs. Hanford who nobody likes. Teachers are so strict beacuse they want your safety, they want you to live, not because they get to earn money. They love you for who you are, but if you misbehave a few times, they will forgive you. It's okay to do bad things in a while, not like I recommend it. But, try your best and give your teacher a smile every day, for they are working hard maybe just for you.
keivn

keivn

hi
Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

#### you are you a woman?