Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

They're refusing to move her

>

GreyhoundGirl

They're refusing to move her
Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM

So I emailed the president and VP and said Rita needed to go. I didn't tell them about the fight. They're basically saying they have no place for her. I'm saying I want her out. I don't want to tell them about the fight because that will open a whole other can of worms.

I'm so annoyed. You have a foster saying the dog needs to go. Respect her wishes.

GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Deliver her
Old 11-08-2017, 11:10 AM

I would take her to either house and say you are no longer able to care for Rita.
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

Well, then
Old 11-08-2017, 11:40 AM

Let them know that since you can no longer house her, either they find a new place, or you will take her to a shelter. You never agreed to adopt her, and they have excluded Rita from any opportunity to get placed by not making appointments for people to see her. Right? This is their problem, not yours.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

I agree with private eyes
Old 11-08-2017, 02:50 PM

They will pick her up quickly from a shelter. This is their problem, not yours.
Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-08-2017, 03:18 PM

I absolutely can not put her in a shelter and they know that. I just got a text from another board member asking if everything is alright with Rita. I just love that they’re playing games. This is stressing me out. I wish that they would just have a modicum of resoect and decency and handle it like adults.

EllaKate

Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM

What a mess and how immature they are being!

You are caught in a pickle, that's for sure! I'd take her to one of their houses, ring the bell, and when they opened it, hand them her leash and walk away.

Technically, since you aren't working with that rescue, is there another rescue that can take her? If you don't get her out of your house, they will NO problem leaving her there with you 4ever.
EllaKate is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 11-08-2017, 07:05 PM

I don't guess I understand why it is better for you to tell them since you are no longer on the board you won't house the dog rather than saying the dog is not working in your household? What am I not getting? To me it sounds like a power struggle situation rather than a "dog not fitting in" situation.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 PM

I don’t really want to tell them about the fight since it was mostly my fault having them free feed. And, they’d give me grief and tell me to try and work it out (they’ve done it in the past). I truly didn’t think they’d be this difficult about it, although I don’t know why, since they’re so difficult about everything else.

I just got another email accusing me of dumping her.

crazy4catz

Old 11-08-2017, 08:01 PM

I would say that it is not working out with Molly and that she is your first priority. I agree that you need to tell them someone in the foster group needs to come get her or you will need to take Rita to the pound or wherever. Sorry this happened. Are you still planning to take fosters? Or are you out of the group totally.
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-09-2017, 03:47 AM

Oh no, I’m totally done. I refuse to be treated like this.

Renea

Old 11-09-2017, 08:04 AM

If I remember correctly, your rescue organization isn't arranging meet up-dates for Rita. They are playing games with you. Let them know if they can't have at least one meet up for Rita every week she will arrive on one of their porches in four weeks. It's in the best interest of Rita. They must show they have her best interest and work to find a home for her. You are being played.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I hope they take the dog back soon...
Old 11-09-2017, 03:32 PM

Keep us posted. We're pulling for you...A few years ago, I wanted to foster a second dog. I read about one that was being brought up from GA that needed a foster. I was even interested in adopting if it worked out. When I picked the dog up at the appointed place, the driver said the dog was "feisty". What they didn't tell me until I got the papers on him was that he had attacked two other dogs in the shelter in GA. He was very food aggressive. I could feed my dog and him separately, but he would start a dog fight if my dog was in the kitchen walking and there was a crumb he smelled on the floor. My very gentle lab mix did not want to come down the stairs in the morning, even when he was in his crate. They would play together fine, but he was very unpredictable. After a week of sporadic fighting that he started, I knew he had to go. The rescue took their time getting me in touch with someone who would take him if he worked out at a meet and greet with her dog. Luckily, her dog was calm, and she took him. I cried a little, but it was the best thing for the dog and me. I think the other person wound up adopting him. My vet said that the food aggression thing was tough to work with, and that it could escalate to other things like toys, and even my affection. You are smart to look for the rescue to take her back and I hope they do the right thing. Good luck.
NJ Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote