Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

E-mail Etiquette

>

spunky7

E-mail Etiquette
Old 11-08-2017, 12:09 PM

I have been applying for jobs in a city about five hours away from me. Itís a fairly large city and I plan to move there. Last week I got an e-mail from a preschool asking when I would be available to come for an interview. I e-mailed back telling them I could come anytime with a few days notice. She asked if I could come this coming Tuesday and what time would work. I told Tuesday morning would work best. I asked her which address I should come to(the school has 2 different locations and Iím not sure which one sheís at) and what time in the morning I should come. She hasnít gotten back to me since Sunday night.

My question is, how long is reasonable to wait for an e-mail before I send her another message? This place is quite a drive and I need to make plans. Iím worried sheís changed her mind or something! There are several jobs available, but they donít seem in a hurry to hire anyone. I donít want to seem pushy, but I was thinking of sending a follow up message tomorrow morning if I havenít heard from her yet. Do you think this would be okay?

spunky7 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 11-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Yes, I'd send a follow up email explaining that you're coming from out of town and need to make plans.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote