Help

BusyBoard

It finally clicked

>

Teacher_twins

It finally clicked
Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I passed back a test for my AP Calc class. This is always a stressful time for students.

There is one girl in particular who made my day! This girl has been struggling the whole year. She comes almost every day for lunch tutoring and every after-school review. She gets tutoring from other students and watches Khan Academy religiously. The whole class and I have tried everything to find a way to help her because she is really smart and the sweetest little thing you will ever meet, but she still cannot score above a 15% on the quizzes and tests.

Today she got a 55% and you'd have thought she just won an $800 million PowerBall. She was so excited, she was in tears.

Makes my teacher heart happy.

Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

KatrynG

Way to go!
Old 11-10-2017, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is so awesome! I had a similar personal experience in my college algebra class. My professor kept telling me to keep trying that one day the light bulb would come on... and it did! I passed his class with an A!

That professor, just like you, never gave up on his students. And you could sign up for tutoring from him at the end of his day.To this day, I love Algebra, and I try to pass on his patience when I tutor students.
KatrynG is offline   Reply With Quote