Help

BusyBoard

Roll Book?

>

theapple

Roll Book?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This may be a silly question, but I am asking anyway.

For those who still have a paper-based roll book, how do you mark present students? I keep track of attendance in a paper-based roll book for my students. I used check marks my first year, but I had issues with keeping them in the tiny little box. I am OCD and want a neat and organized roll book. I have not marked present students (left the box blank), but have inadvertently marked students absent on the wrong days.

Since I am SPED, I do not have access to the online grade book (sad, when I subbed, I had access to it). Our attendance secretary prints out a copy of our students attendance each grading period, but I don't like waiting 3 months for it.

theapple is online now   Reply With Quote

giver1940

I used to make
Old 11-29-2017, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

a top right to bottom left slash in the little square if a student was absent, and if they were tardy, just made it into a slanted T. Now, one of the teachers has me put an A or a T in the appropriate square and leave the others blank.

I always use a pencil.
giver1940 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 11-29-2017, 09:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I always used pencil (retired in June). The last few years I had to take attendance on the computer, but I still kept a paper record because it was often easier to refer to when doing reports.

I put an X when a student was present (diagonal lines from the corners of the squares). If a student was tardy, I put the number of minutes late in the top left and the rest of the X. If a student left early, I wrote a tiny exc in the lower right. The absentees' boxes were left blank because things could well change later in the day.

Then when the absences got coded by the attendance secretary, I would write a big E (for excused) or U (for unexcused in the boxes for the absentees.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

SusanTeach

Old 11-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I only mark an A if they're absent, then put a slash through it if they're tardy. If they get checked-out, I put a C.

If the boxes are empty, I know the child was there all day.
SusanTeach is offline   Reply With Quote