Help

BusyBoard

Christmas Activity 5th?

>

SportingKC

Christmas Activity 5th?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone have a good activity that could take 1-1.5 hours with fifth graders? I'd like to try to stay away from technology...and my room is 12 boys and 7 girls...so something active would be great.

SportingKC is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 12-14-2017, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

CHeck out the Christmas Drama Circle on TPT. They are similar to an I Have, Who Has? type of activity, where you have to listen for a cue and then say/act something out. It really only takes about ten minutes, but if you’re doing one for the first time it’s much longer because they are learning how to follow it. I typically do them 2-3 times in a row, mixing up the cards so they have different ones each time. They are SO much fun!! It would definitely be an active, lively activity!

Then, have the kids write their own. My students used to love that, especially when I’d let them act out the ones they created!

It does cost a little bit on TPT, but sooo worth it! I have purchased nearly all of her Drama Circles and we do them throughout the year on holidays and early out days. But they also hit on speaking/listening standards, so I think they’re great!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/...-Circle-169172
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Activity
Old 12-14-2017, 07:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have them figure out how many things "my true love" actually received in The Twekve Days of Christmas. I think it is 365, but google it.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Old 12-14-2017, 08:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

How about an buddy art/story project with a kindergarten class ?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote

GiantSubs

I just did
Old 12-15-2017, 01:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

the draw a reindeer and fill out the reindeer job application yesterday, and it took about an hour. The kids loved it, and the results were really cute. Best of all - they were engaged in something relatively quietly for an hour at this crazy time of year! Then, I selected a boy and girl from each class to fill the position and took their pictures with a pair of antler ears I bought at Party City. It was very cute.

Here's the link to the application: http://www.whattheteacherwantsblog.c...=Google+Reader

Here's the link to the directions for drawing the reindeer:
http://artventurous.blogspot.ie/2012...=1354997122650

GiantSubs is offline   Reply With Quote

sbslab

Old 12-15-2017, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

There are some cute, easy, cheap Minute it to Win it ideas out there for Christmas. I did that with my sixth graders a few years ago and had stations for them to rotate through. I found a Christmas Trivia game -like a deck of cards- a few years ago at a local store. This year, I found a Christmas Charades game online. Perhaps TPT? You could easily make your own...think of typical Christmas items/activities, use twelve days of Christmas and Carols as ideas. I have a couple of word searches to use to get them calmed back down to go back to their own room.
sbslab is online now   Reply With Quote