Help

Third Grade

Reading Series

>

jillms

Reading Series
Old 12-20-2017, 09:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My school is currently looking to adopt a new reading series for next year. We have the Journeys sample from Houghton Mifflin to review. I would love feedback from those teachers that are using it in their classrooms. Thank you for any information you are willing to share.

jillms is offline   Reply With Quote

jjwires

Old 12-23-2017, 07:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I used Journeys 3 years ago before I retired. I would imagine they have added some new items by now. The third grade stories were good as well as the chapter book sets. The leveled readers were interesting. Groups would sometimes present to other students about their stories. Then we'd compare & contrast. Testing was easy & if kids didn't pass you could pull them for remedial work & give a different form of the test. The computer components didn't always work, but I'm sure they have worked the bugs out.

If you do adopt their materials, get a quote in writing what materials will be free.
jjwires is offline   Reply With Quote

arctichare

Journeys
Old 12-23-2017, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We use the 2011 version of Journeys. I have used it in the 2nd and 4th grades. For the most part, it is a really good program. There are a lot of resources that come with the program and plenty of cool supplemental resources on the web that people have created themselves. Some people say the stories are boring, but I actually really like their selections.
arctichare is offline   Reply With Quote