Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Is Nespresso worth it

>

suz3

Is Nespresso worth it
Old 01-02-2018, 08:00 AM

I don't post often, but I read daily, so I know y'all will help. Hubby and I LOVE our coffee. We have a Keurig and drink several cups a day. A while back there was a demonstration at Target of the Nespresso machine. I swear, it was the best cup of coffee ever! Now, I am debating getting one. I am wondering if it was just a fluke and my memory is playing tricks, or are they really great. Does anyone have one and what do you think? Is it worth the money? I wish I could find another demonstation just to satisfy my memory of it being that good! TIA

suz3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Coopsgrammy

Coffee
Old 01-02-2018, 08:08 AM

We have a Jura Espresso machine that DH bought for my 50th bday. It was pricey, but has long since prayed for itself. We got a deal on Costco.com.
Coopsgrammy is online now   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 AM

I haven't tired Nespresso coffee so I checked Consumer Reports

Consumer reports rated pod coffee machines. The Nespresso machine was rated sixth overall out of the 32 machines tested. None of the 32 were rated "very good" or "excellent" for taste. The Nespresso machine was rated "good" for taste as were most of the others. Interestingly the Nespresso machine was rated as having the lowest rate of problems.

I suggest you check the ratings on Amazon. You can get a good idea which machine works best and read the ratings and reviews.

I noticed the pods cost about $1 each. That sounds expensive to me but I don't drink pod coffee.

Let us know what you decide.
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

NCLATeacher

Nespresso
Old 01-02-2018, 11:46 AM

If you and DH are espresso coffee drinkers, it may be worth the purchase. We have both a Nespresso coffee maker and a Nespresso milk frother (this was a gift, but it works great!). We make lattes at home for a fraction of the cost of coffee houses. The pods had to be ordered through Nespresso for the longest time, but off-brand pods are available on Amazon, although I don't know if Target is carrying them now.
NCLATeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Nesspresso
Old 01-02-2018, 12:40 PM

My DD has one. Her DH loves it! Coffee tastes great, but the draw back is it only makes small cups of coffee. The one with the frother is great for lattes, but it's kind of a pain to use.

Keltikmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 01-02-2018, 03:44 PM

mmmhmmm

I am drinking a cup of nespresso right now. They are worth it and delicious. The difference is the foam and taste. The foam is just so yummy. It's like a whipped cream. I love it.

Keep in mind the cup of coffee is smaller. It is espresso. You can order pods on the website or on amazon. They do have different pods that will make different sizes of coffee. I just love it.

We went and stayed at a nice hotel and they had a Nespresso, I had 2 keurigs before and liked them but they always broke. I don't know if that is because of the descaling issue or what. I know my husband researched this issue and they recommend using a certain kind of bottled water and running a water cleaning cycle after you make a cup.

Anyway, we got ours for $69.99 from the amazon treasure truck. Here is the one we have.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They do go on sale.. often.
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

I LOVE mine!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:30 PM

We have a the Nepresso Vertuoplus, which can do both coffee and espresso, and multiple sizes depending on the pods you buy. I love, love, love it. The machine has a barcode scanner that scans the pod to pull the perfect amount of water through without you having to do anything. The espresso tastes better than any other machine I've tried. With free shipping on the pods, my morning latte costs about $1.50 versus the $4 at Starbucks. Needless to say, it quickly paid for itself. And, right now, the Nespresso website is having a 30% off sale.

Seriously, I love it a little too much. When we go on longer vacations where we'll be staying in one place, we take it with us.
pdxteacher is online now   Reply With Quote