Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I'm cold

>

TAOEP

I'm cold
Old 01-02-2018, 03:19 PM

It's 4 degrees right now. Negative 7 last night. I'm wearing warm clothes, fleece jacket, large infinity scarf. And I'm cold.

One of the problems in our house is that our laundry room is really cold. DH says he thinks part of the reason is that the dryer vent lets lots of cold air in. How do other people deal with that problem?

TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

dryer vent
Old 01-02-2018, 03:45 PM

We have a dryer vent that closes when the dryer isn't running. Little flaps on hinges. Won't help you now, but maybe look into it in the spring.

Would it help to put a rolled bath towel on the floor front of laundry room door to block the draft? We use to have a long tube thing in front of our front door until we replaced that door.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 01-02-2018, 05:00 PM

It is not nearly as cold where I live but I'm always freezing. I bundle up even at home inside the house.

The thing that helps me the most is using heated rice bags. I put one on my feet and another one on my stomach or between my legs and tuck my hands under it. Of course that only works if you can be sitting/lying down!

We have the laundry room issue as well, to an extent. Keeping the door closed and maybe using a long towel stuffed in the crack helps us.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 PM

My laundry room is in the basement, so it's always cooler down there! I just use it as my excuse not to do laundry! I find it hard to do anything when I am cold. Right now I should be in the kitchen prepping lunches but I am freezing, so I am wrapped up in a blanket on the couch. Oh well....they will be fixing lunches in the cafeteria.
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote