Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Apple Watch

>

Sprite

Apple Watch
Old 01-02-2018, 04:06 PM

Do you have one? What do you use it for ? What do you like most about it?

Which model do you have?

Would you recommend it to someone else?

Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherMeg

Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM

I just got a Series 3 Apple Watch for Christmas. I had a older model Fitbit before so I was familiar with the step tracking and fitness features, but I like the additional things I can do now that I couldn't on my Fitbit. I love being able to check e-mail, send texts, set alarms, and check my calendar right from my watch.

So far I love it and would definitely recommend it. It's comfortable and doesn't feel bulky on my arm. The only negative I have is that it needs to be charged a lot more often than my Fitbit. I could go 4-5 days between charging my Fitbit, but the Apple Watch needs to be charged every 1-2 days.
TeacherMeg is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 01-02-2018, 04:38 PM

I just got one for Christmas, but I've had it since the week before Christmas. I love it so far! It's the series 1, I think.

I like it for the activity tracker, texting, controlling my podcasts/music remotely, alarms, stopwatch, timer, calendar, reminders, remote camera trigger, star gazer app, weather, maps (it vibrates when a turn is coming up), and as an actual watch.

I also got an app that is supposed to help with developing healthy habits, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 01-02-2018, 04:56 PM

I love mine. I have a series 1, does all the things Gromit said and it keeps me from walking around with my phone in my hand
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Readingal

Old 01-02-2018, 05:53 PM

I have a series 2. I love it. I've worn it every day for the year I've had it. The activity rings are good. I like the step tracker. At school I love using the timer to keep me on track. Also it's great to have my phone locked in the closet and I still receive my texts and phone calls.

Readingal is offline   Reply With Quote

ritabook2

Apple watch
Old 01-05-2018, 07:43 PM

I got one for Christmas last year and I didn't know I wanted one, but now I love it! I use it mostly for the fitness tracking and heart monitor, but I also like that I can check text messages and get alerts without having my phone in my hand. I love talking on it while I cook or drive. I like that when I'm using my phone for directions it also buzzes on my wrist when I'm supposed to turn. A month after I got the watch I got the wireless earbuds for my birthday, so this is my very favorite thing! I can use my watch to control my music, either manually or by voice (Siri). This is so great when I'm working out. I also use like to use the timer when I'm cooking and even at school because I can just start it with Siri. I have the series 1.
ritabook2 is offline   Reply With Quote