Help

Fifth Grade

Invention. Convention Idea

>

3boys:)

Invention. Convention Idea
Old 01-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are doing an Invention Convention at our school. Instead of each child making something, we have to do something as a class. We have to do it during our already limited science time (which we need to prep for our science test)😜. Anyway, we need an easy invention. Some of my students have come up with a magnetic shoe-which mean taking a flat and turning it into a heel with magnets or Velcro. They have also added to it by making a shoe that turns into a tennis shoe by doing the same thing. We havenít made anything yet. These are just ideas. What do you think of this? We need a name and some ideas on how it can be done easily and cheaply. I have some idea, but would love to hear some other ones.

3boys:) is offline   Reply With Quote

GreenGables

new to this board and wondered how it went
Old 06-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Itís too bad you didnít get any replies to your request for invention conventionó did you end up using the shoe idea?
I think creating an invention as a whole class sounds like a fantastic idea. I do get your lament about limited class time and testing, though.
We have a combination of the invention convention and a discovery fair in which students portray people - like a living museum. I hardly ever see invention participants- maybe class projects would be a way to generate some interest.
GreenGables is offline   Reply With Quote