The most important job of a kinder teacher? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Kindergarten

The most important job of a kinder teacher?

>

Sbkangas5

The most important job of a kinder teacher?
Old 01-17-2018, 08:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This questions stems from a conversation I was having with a friend and colleague today. As kinder teachers, what parts of your job do you feel are most important? Some of my thoughts...
  • creating a place where students love to come to school and love to learn
  • teaching them how to be students
  • teaching them how to be independent
  • growing kids as community members and teaching kindness, compassion, and how to be a part of a larger community (both in the classroom and as a part of the whole school)
  • creating an environment where they feel free to make mistakes, and where they learn to work through frustration and respond to it in appropriate ways
If they don't get those foundations, how are they to be a successful student for the rest of their academic years? And if we are constantly feeling rushed and behind and pushed to teach standards or complete tasks that are not developmentally appropriate, how are we to do a good job teaching these things?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

StellaBulldog

Old 01-18-2018, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I completely agree with all you said. I take my job as a kindergarten teacher very seriously. I am the beginning of their formal education. We have a very important job. Besides the very important education foundations, I make it my goal to foster a love to learning and school in all of them. I also spend a lot of time on their social development. We start it all and I try to make school a really great experience.
StellaBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote