Help

Kindergarten

Classroom "Honor Table"

>

mom2sld

Classroom "Honor Table"
Old 01-20-2018, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I rearranged my classroom tables yesterday, and think I will love it. I turned my kidney-shaped table into a student table at the front of the room, then arranged my trapezoid tables into a semi-circle behind it. It brings most of my students much closer to the front of the room, and they are all facing forward.

Unfortunately, this arrangement leaves me with one leftover student, who will need to sit at a trapezoid table behind the semi-circle. I decided to make it my "Honor Table" and put 2-3 kids there at a time, on a rotating basis, based on excellent behavior (paying attention to instruction, good use of time, completing seat-work, general responsible behavior).

I'm looking for ideas to make this table special, or "fancy", so it becomes a real incentive for responsible student behavior. I think I'll make and decorate a sign with behavioral expectation icons and hang it front to remind the littles as to how they get to sit there. I cannot hang things from the ceiling, due to motion-detecting cameras and we don't have enough chairs, so our chairs are constantly being moved around; so anything to fancy it up will have to be attached to or on the table itself.

I might buy some fun contact paper to cover the top, and find something special to put pencils in. That would be a start.

Suggestions?

mom2sld is offline   Reply With Quote

ElizabethJoy

Honor table
Old 01-20-2018, 08:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have these fun strawberry cushions that fit perfectly in a little chair. I don't use them as a reward, but I only have 4 and the kids love when it's their turn to use one. You could try that
ElizabethJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Trophy?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Maybe you cou,d put a small hours trophy in the middle of the table. Someone might have one of those participation trophies they can part with. You could really use anything, like a stuffed animal. Sounds
Ike a great arrangement!
Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 01-23-2018, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Tablecloths--cheap ones from the dollar store, etc. You can do seasonal ones or get the solid color plastic ones. Each student can add a sticker or use markers to add a decoration each time they get to sit at the table.
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote