Help

Fifth Grade

NWEA Testing

>

sdgirl

NWEA Testing
Old 01-31-2018, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use this testing? What do you like/dislike about it? How long does each session take for students to finish?

sdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Corkysmom

Nwea booo
Old 02-04-2018, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

most of the kids get 40 questions/some get 43. I do NOT like the MAP Growth that we take in my state. It isn't standards based at all and sooo not user friendly!
I have some that will be done in an hour-ish and then others that will take the whole two hours we alot for testing each day.
Corkysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 02-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It's a tool for measuring student achievement. Imperfect. Students tend to show more growth in math than in reading (I teach reading so that's frustrating) becuase between beginning of the year tests and midyear tests the students are taught new concepts.
Sometimes there are things that students are asked on the test that aren't in curriculum. I honestly had one kid be asked a question (in fifth grade) that I had to subsequentlygoogle the term because I had really never heard it before. It seems unfair to ask a kid to do well on a test when they're asked to answer questions they'll never be taught. I woulnd't mind if they were asked questions about increasingly challenging tets.
Corkysmom mentions kids taking varying times to finish the test. Truth but that's true for any test I give.
I get more frustrated that it is harder for the higher kids to make progress than the lower kids.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote