Help

Fourth Grade

Math curriculum

>

Katluv

Math curriculum
Old 02-06-2018, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have been asked to decide if we want to pursue a math adoption next year. Currently we use Georgia Math and our own supplementary material (are scores are very good by the way...75% passing our state assessment.).

Anyone have a recent curriculum that you use and like or dislike?

Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

SassyTeach

Ours
Old 02-07-2018, 03:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We use Everyday Math, the newest version, EDM4. I hate it. I've been using Everyday Math since 2000, and while I loved the previous versions, I detest this one. The units are scattered and not planned well at all, they still want us to teach many various forms of the four operations despite CCSS stating we should do the traditional method, and this one is the version that's "supposed" to be Common Core aligned.

I have reordered units, created my own worksheets, pulled in other resources, and made more changes to this version than any other one before.
SassyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Katluv

We have decided
Old 03-24-2018, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

To not adopt a curriculum. Our test scores are good and weíve spent hours making supplemental materials already.

Too bad yours is not good!😢
Katluv is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

Math
Old 03-25-2018, 04:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We used Envision, then Envision 2.0 for about 8 years. Itís rigorous, sensible, and has a lot of math writing and explaining your thinking. We reordered units to.l suit us, but not really out of necessity. The downside was that we never felt there was enough practice, so we did supplement that. Our scores were great - there were two years where we didnít have anyone below the 10th percentile.

Now we use Go Math. Itís cheaper than Envision and you can tell. I donít like it nearly as much and I canít say Iím super impressed with our scores BUT - we are only in year two, so we have that gap year of kids who started with the old curriculum and changed to the new curriculum. After a few years, we will start seeing kids who have only had Go Math, so will have the prerequisites to do well. In Go Math, the unit order is sensible, there is a decent amount of organized practice, and each lesson has a homework/spiral review style page. There is not quite the challenge to explain reasoning or math writing I like to see.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

WheepleBook

Bridges Math
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I really like Bridges math. It is common core aligned and has a lot of practice. The teacher directions are easy to follow.

https://www.edreports.org/math/reports/compare-k8.html

WheepleBook is offline   Reply With Quote