Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Wednesday Wonderings: Add Yours

>

anna

Wednesday Wonderings: Add Yours
Old 02-07-2018, 07:12 PM

Why do men have trouble finding stuff? The sunglasses were right there on the table, next to the bag your hand was in while looking for the sunglasses

anna is offline   Reply With Quote

ICrazyTeach

Old 02-07-2018, 07:19 PM

I can join in on the men bashing
DH is often having a very different conversation than I think we are having I try to keep my mouth shut. Last night he was really having difficulty understanding our conversation. Everything he said was just odd. Finally one of the kids looked at him at said, "Who are you talking to? That's not what we're talking about!" (The serious side of that is I think he is developing significant hearing loss--he will NEVER admit that!)
ICrazyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

men
Old 02-07-2018, 07:45 PM

My husband watched me packed for our trip to Boston. It's like he has no clue where to find anything. Next trip he can have his own bag and pack it all himself.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sprite

Old 02-08-2018, 02:05 AM

Can’t add in on the men bashing right now .. had a terrible day today and my husband and dad were great!

Wondering— why do kids think acting like a clown in class is cool?
Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

momteach310

Old 02-08-2018, 02:45 AM

Why did my principal think the road conditions would improve overnight when temperatures were only going down? Instead of calling a delay last night, he is sending the message now so we are all awakened at 5:30am....

momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

teach2read10

Sprite
Old 02-08-2018, 03:45 AM

I have often wondered the same thing. Maybe they don't get enough attention at home.
teach2read10 is offline   Reply With Quote

GHVFAN

Wondering
Old 02-08-2018, 08:03 AM

Why our 7th grade grand had detention (much deserved) and his mom was not notified, and we had absolutely NO idea where he was for over two hours!

He normally arrives home by 4:30, but has been later due to having to ride different buses because regular bus driver being out. So, We were not concerned until it was 5:00. He couldn’t call or text because his mom took his phone as part of his punishment for acting a nut in class.

Long story short, he took it upon his self to go to room where detention was being held, told teacher why he was there, the teacher told him that he only had one name and it wasn’t his, but to come on in and be seated.

After detention, our grand went outside and of course his mom wasn’t there, he waited for awhile, then started walking home! Did I mention he is a 7th grader. I’m not even sure the distance from the school to his home, but his mom found him walking along the side the busiest street in our town.

When asked why he didn’t go to office and call, he said he didn’t think about it! Not sure we will survive the preteen, teenage years! Smart kid, but absolutely no common sense.
GHVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

eagles23

Old 02-08-2018, 08:54 AM

I know it's Thursday now, but just wondering why parents send me an e-mail to ask me a question that could have been answered if they had just read the e-mail I sent them, or read the note I sent home about the same thing, or even bothered to look at my webpage??? Come on, folks!!! Do your part!!
eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote