Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Sick granddaughter update

>

twin2

Sick granddaughter update
Old 02-08-2018, 11:38 AM

My granddaughter finally woke up without a fever this morning. She is coughing alot, but is up and around, eating and drinking today. Now just praying she continues to get well and doesn't develop pneumonia. Her note says she can return to school tomorrow, but I suggested they keep her home tomorrow since it is Friday. Then she can have the weekend to recover. She doesn't have an attendance problem so this shouldn't be an issue.

My daughter and grandson are both sick now. My grandson is running a 102 fever, has a headache, has a barky cough, and is very congested, but he says he is fine. He is up and playing. The doctor said upper respiratory infection for him, bronchitis and flu for my daughter.

Neither my daughter or grandson were tested for the flu. They are saving flu strips for more at risk cases, but it is likely my daughter has it. She works at a learning center with two year olds, so she will be out till Monday, assuming she is well.

I'm staying away lol. I could have subbed in my granddaughter's class today, but I "hear" the flu is going through that class. There were a couple other jobs in the system today, but I ignored them. As late as the jobs were in the system I think there are a lot of teacher's and subs are out too. I imagine they had to combine classes today with less subs. Sorry. The one class is "a bad class"got so it was easy to ignore that one. Then I saw on FB one of the teachers was at Urgent Care waiting to be seen hoping she doesn't have the flu. Yeah, I'm staying home a few days. The only real benefit to subbing is being able to say no, and I'm doing it.

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Flu Scare
Old 02-08-2018, 12:09 PM

I don't blame you for saying no to sub jobs. Avoid the flu if you can.

I am glad your granddaughter is better. I don't think she should go to school tomorrow either. She will benefit from being at home away from the germ pool and resting.

I hope your grandson and and daughter get well quickly and don't get as sick as your granddaughter did.

Take care.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

mhugs

Sickness
Old 02-08-2018, 02:42 PM

I think they all should lay low on Friday and let their bodies heal. I'm glad your granddaughter is feeling better.
mhugs is offline   Reply With Quote

Renea

Old 02-08-2018, 05:35 PM

Good to hear your DGD is better. She was pretty ill. Stay away from her family and those germy little kids at school. Take care of yourself.
Renea is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 02-08-2018, 08:31 PM

I'm glad your granddaughter is getting better! I hope everyone else has a quick recovery!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is online now   Reply With Quote