Help

ARCHIVE

School Newspaper

>

jmitchell

School Newspaper
Old 10-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am beginning a school newspaper. My school is grades 5th - 7th. I already have a student editor and staff. Does anyone have suggestions or advice? I'm not sure what type of articles or columns we are going to have. Any suggestions would be great!

jmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote

ecsmom

Old 10-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

A sports writer to cover athletics would be good. A interview with a staff member or student is another idea. A survey of students' favorite music or movies would include lots of people. Students can also take out ads for thank you's, ect. Include lots of photos, kids love to see pictures of themselves! Have fun!
ecsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

lucida

Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I used to do a monthly school newsletter at my school. It was an 8 page newsletter and here's what I included:

~6 articles written by pairs of students
~Student Opinion
~Student Interview / Teacher Interview Q and A page - I had teams choose their "best" (different criteria every month) student each month to showcase, the teacher was chosen by the principal
~Sports page
~Poems, Fun and Games page

For the articles the students wrote about, I had them brainstorm every month what types of articles to write about (i.e., school events, student interests, issues, etc.). Once we established a list, I had the students vote on the top 6 stories they wanted to have featured in the newsletter. Then, the students (pairs or individuals) would sign up for the part of the newsletter they wanted to work on.
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote