Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Nervous- squamous cell

>

crazy4catz

Nervous- squamous cell
Old 02-08-2018, 10:05 PM

I had a basal cell cancer removed by Moh's surgery on my lip. The scar looks good after having 20+ stitches. I asked her to look at another spot on my lip. She took a biopsy and found squamous cell. My choices were cream or another Moh's surgery. We are going to try the cream. I am nervous because she said it may bleed etc. On the positive she said to put it on my dark spots. Anyone had any experience with this?

crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 02-08-2018, 11:22 PM

Iíve done a cream for skin cancer. It made my skin blister and crust over, definitely not pretty but it only lasted about a week and it did the job.

Iím actually going to the dermatologist tomorrow about a similar problem, not looking forward to any of the possible treatments. Dumb fair skin
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Riverside

Old 02-09-2018, 04:02 AM

I had to use the cream on the bridge of my nose and between my eyebrows for three weeks. The area gets blistered and crusty too. My doc gave me aquaphor to put on it to promote healing. It isn't pretty, but it does heal. Good luck to you.
Riverside is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Chemo cream
Old 02-09-2018, 06:10 AM

I actually like the cream better than the liquid nitrogen. It looks a bit hellish as you go through the days but when it heals, it is smooth and scarless. The scabbing areas are where a new basil Cell is developing so it is important to get rid of them before they turn into something more difficult to remove. Good luck!
juliet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 02-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Several years ago DH had a lot of pre-cancerous spots on his face and our doctor had him use the cream. I do not remember any bleeding, but it did cause his skin to peel and his face appeared red. I think he had to do for about 3-4 weeks.

Good luck with this! I am glad these are being caught early!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelby3

yes
Old 02-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Last spring I finally went back to have the dermatologist examine a quarter-sized brown spot on my temple. No roughness or scaly texture. She was very concerned. We tried imiquimod (aldara is another name) cream for 6 1/2 weeks. It was oozy at first and scabby for the entire time. Every day it grew. It went into my hairline and when it got close to my eye, I stopped. Then I used triamcinolone cream for about two weeks. When I went in and had a biopsy a couple of weeks after that, we found it had worked. HUGE relief.
Both medications are pricy, but my insurance covered most of the costs.
Shelby3 is offline   Reply With Quote