Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Hair ideas...

>

Sprite

Hair ideas...
Old 03-06-2018, 05:49 PM

I need some ideas for something easy I can do with my hair. I don’t feel very confident with it.. as I have gray in the front. I color it but want to go a bit longer within coloring it.

What are some easy styles I can do ? I have long brown hair .. thick and wavy. No bangs mostly one length.

Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote

IA11

Old 03-06-2018, 06:15 PM

I just want to say that — I really wish I could have long brown hair — just for a day or two! I have no idea how I’d style it.....my hair has never been long enough to put up.

I just finished coloring my pixie length blonde with too much gray mixed in to a champagne blonde. I had let the color go ‘natural’ — but it’s not gray enough to look cool. Just looked dingy. Hopefully, it will look better!

Speaking of color — could you do some highlights with the rest of your hair? That might help you go longer in between colorings. Thick and wavy — sounds wonderful to me!
IA11 is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrme11

Old 03-06-2018, 06:15 PM

I have longish wavy hair (not enough wave to look nice, though) and I just bought the L'Ange curling wand (it's all over FB). I bought it at Marshalls for only $24. It works quickly and adds just enough curl to get that quick beach wave. I've tried a lot of curling irons, flat irons and other tools, but this is my favorite!
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

TeachNFriend

Grey in the front
Old 03-07-2018, 04:24 AM

Unfortunately, if your grey hairs are showing up in front, there is no style that can hide it outside of covering it. I have the same problem

Could you pull off a headband/bandana?

A hairdresser once showed me how to do a zig zag part to hide the grey showing up at the roots along the part. That totally works!

There is also a product by L’Oréal that you can spray on your roots. Totally covers the grey until you wash it out. I don’t love how the residue feels but it is your best bet for going longer between colouring.
TeachNFriend is offline   Reply With Quote