First Grade

SeeSaw

>

IvanaK

SeeSaw
Old 05-04-2018, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi!

I am teaching first grade next year, and my colleagues and I are looking to transition to SeeSaw. Do you use it? If so, what are some creative ways you've integrated it into your classroom/communication with parents? I am well acquainted with Homeroom and looking forward to this transition.

Regards,

Ivana

IvanaK is offline   Reply With Quote

dusty

Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is my second year using Seesaw and I love it. I use it to post monthly classroom newsletters, and class announcements or reminders can be sent to all parents. It is also great for keeping parents informed of their child's progress because I will post a photo of their child's completed math assessment instead of just sending home the paper copy because 1. i feel like parents don't always pay attention to papers in the folder, and 2. i can actually see on Seesaw whether the parent saw the assessment or not. The activities is great for assessments also because if you make sure the students tap on "label" AND "Record" then you can actually see or hear their thinking while the child completes it, such as adding two digit numbers. It was great to hear the children talking aloud while completing the problem. Lastly, it is a great way for students to feel like they are preserving work that can't be sent home, such as a phonics center or a s.t.e.a.m. project that can't be sent home and must be taken apart after. Lastly, it is a great way for students to publish their writing, at the end of our personal narrative writing unit students chose one of their stories to revise and edit and then used the Chattrpix app to publish it and share with their parents on Seesaw, at the end of our persuasive writing unit they used the tellagami app to read aloud their persuasive letter that they wrote to their parents and then uploaded it to Seesaw.
Hope this helps.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 05-05-2018, 08:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I love using SeeSaw for all the reasons that dusty mentioned. In addition, I post pictures of events happening at school, field trips, and even just pictures of a regular day.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 05-05-2018, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love using SeeSaw for all the reasons that dusty mentioned. In addition, I post pictures of events happening at school, field trips, and even just pictures of a regular day.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

SweetTea

Seesaw is amazing.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Dusty did a great job explaining it. Here a few additional ways I use it in third grade.

Math - taking pics and notes of how they use manipulative to solve math problems. Reteaching topics to small groups using videos that I create. Links to learning videos.

Science - labeling diagrams or sharing experiment results over time. Using it to record properties of various objects for experiments.

Reading - fluency checks and informal running records

Writing - prompts

I also used it to communicate during our e-learning days.

SweetTea is offline   Reply With Quote

ely2boys

Question for Dusty
Old 05-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Dusty, do you use the free version or paid version for all that?
ely2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

dusty

to ely2boys
Old 05-06-2018, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am able to do all of the above using the free version.
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

IvanaK

Wow!
Old 05-07-2018, 05:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thank you so much for your insightful responses. We are really looking forward to implementing it! I love the idea of using it as a tool to model and share strategies. How exciting!
IvanaK is offline   Reply With Quote

pinklipstick

interested but don't know..
Old 05-18-2018, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I saw this post and so I thought I would check it out. I looked for it in my app store because I assumed it was an app. I found one for parent and family and one that says The Learning Journal. Which one do I use? Can someone explain exactly what it is?
pinklipstick is offline   Reply With Quote