Help

National Board Certification

Giving up?

>

runstacy262

Giving up?
Old 05-14-2018, 04:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It looks like I'm just not going to have all parts of my component 4 completed in time. I do have some parts of it submitted in the portfolio. My question is, will I still be able to retake it next year or will I have to start over from the beginning? I am in year 3 and I know you have to attempt all components by year 3.

runstacy262 is offline   Reply With Quote

MsEstep

Old 05-14-2018, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Why not go ahead and submit something and do a retake? I think that would be better than the risk of starting completely over.
MsEstep is offline   Reply With Quote

WGReading

Old 05-14-2018, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you have to submit each of the components within 3 years, but have 5 total years to try to certify. So if you submit SOMETHING for C4, you still have 2 years to retake and certify.

I'm really sorry you don't feel like you are going to finish. I'd do what you can to submit all of the sections, even if the ones that you aren't done with are not your best work or you just write about what you were going to do. At least you will earn a score, give yourself a chance to certify this year, and be able to retake next year if you need to.

Best of luck to you. I hope something happens and you are able to get finished.
WGReading is offline   Reply With Quote

NM Teach

Keep going!
Old 05-14-2018, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You can do it! Just get as much of it done as you can. Last year I was in the exact same boat (why doesn't everyone tell you to do 4 first!?!). I submitted what I had completed and still scored a 2.0.
NM Teach is offline   Reply With Quote

lapensante

Old 05-14-2018, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

thank you for your words. I am ready to submit component 3 its ready to go, however, I am working on component 4 and am not ready, six months ago I had back surgery and its taking medication to sit for longer periods. So my questions is, if I submit C3 and don't submit C4, can I retake C4next year?

Also, I started in the year 2015-2016, I hear you said I still have 2 more years?

lapensante is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 05-14-2018, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Just keep chugging, little train. Do what you can and submit what you have and see what happens. Worry about next year next year! Seriously.
Zia is online now   Reply With Quote

NBAdventure

Just do it!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You still have two days, so chug through it, do your best and submit something. It's better than a NS (no score). Let those fingers fly on the keyboard! You can do it!
NBAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote

olison

Old 05-14-2018, 08:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

From my understanding, you must make an attempt on ALL 4 components within the first 3 years, or risk starting everything over. If you submit comp 4 and not pass, that's when you can retake. If it give you peace in mind, try calling NB to get a firm answer. Don't email, because it's not a question about the prompts.

Good luck.
olison is offline   Reply With Quote

somera

Old 05-14-2018, 10:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I would like to echo the thoughts of everyone who has posted before: keep chugging and submit as much (anything) you can. It can't hurt you to submit!

Also, the way I read the directions, you MUST attempt all four components within three years. If you do that, then you have two additional years to complete retakes if necessary.

Therefore, get typing and submit something! It is worth it!

You can do it!!
somera is offline   Reply With Quote
Chezly

Chezly

Don't
Old 05-15-2018, 01:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hey,
I was crushed last year but decided to persevere and redo 3'just so I wouldn't let this,process whip me! Turn in all you can and start redoing that component this summer. Know that you have lots of folks in Your corner.

Zia

Old 05-15-2018, 04:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Another thought: you already paid for the component, so you aren't out anything by submitting what you have.
Zia is online now   Reply With Quote

DystopiaFan

If it helps
Old 05-15-2018, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

If it helps, C4 is only 15% of the total weighted score. Same for C2. You have 5 years to complete as far as I know.
DystopiaFan is offline   Reply With Quote

bee1

Old 05-15-2018, 10:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Do what you can! I thought about not submitting C4 either. I'm planning on starting it in the fall because I'm pretty sure I won't pass. Do your best! You are in my thoughts!
bee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Hellobear

Hellobear

Old 05-15-2018, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I agree, you've already paid for it, so just submit something! Anything! Do your best to at least fill out the requirements even if you know it's not great. You just never know! Then you can retake after seeing your results. If you don't at least submit something, you'll risk having to completely start over, which would obviously be worse. Keep going!!!!