Veteran's Day Display - ProTeacher Community

LSUfan

Veteran's Day Display
Old 10-15-2007, 08:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have to put up a Veteran's Day display on our walls outside. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I can come up with are flags.

THANKS!

LSUfan is offline   Reply With Quote

deckanesh

Veteran's Day Display
Old 10-18-2007, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

About 2 weeks before Veterans' Day, I send home a letter on red paper, asking to let us know if there are any Veterans in their family. The paper has about 8 squares drawn on it (1 1/2 - 2 inches square) For each Veteran in the family, they fill in one square, telling which branch of service (Army, Navy Air Force, Marines, National Guard...) and who it is ( Tom's grandpa, Jan's uncle) They bring these back to school and we make a graph on navy blue poster board, titled , "WE KNOW MANY VETERANS!" Red white and blue stars make it a very impressive display!
deckanesh is offline   Reply With Quote

azfarkas

America's White Table
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One year I read the book America's White Table. Then we made each of the items and put them out for the month of November. It turned out really touching.
azfarkas is offline   Reply With Quote

sgsteach

Huge Flag
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have made a huge flag - - wall size - - that was made of linking chains of paper. The students in first grade all worked on making the links and we put it together and had it on the wall in the hall. It was awesome and the local veterans could see it from the window.

I have also made handprint flags, where the kids stamp their hands on a huge poster to make a flag.
sgsteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Carolina Girl

Veteran's Day display
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our music teacher does a huge Veteran's Day program each year. One of the things that she always asks from the students and staff of our school is items that will make a Veteran's Day museum in our media center. The students have brought in pictures of family members who have served in various wars/branches of government, letters written during their service, etc. Students bring them in, labeled with information.

After the program, the veterans who attend are invited to a reception in the media center to talk with students and each other. It creates a lasting memory for both sides and our community is proud.

Carolina Girl is offline   Reply With Quote