Fourth Grade

Departmentalized in 4th!

>

bella10

Departmentalized in 4th!
Old 08-28-2018, 07:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi guys!!

I'm so thankful for this website. I found it the first year of my career in 2009 and have always found it as such a great place for support!!

Our school is trying out departmentalized this year and I am so happy to no longer be teaching Math. :P I now only teach reading and writing. My team and I are taking any and all tips about departmentalizing success!! Such as optimizing time during transitions, providing incentives for good hallway behavior during transitions to different classes, getting to class on time, getting to class late, communication/clipboard template among teachers to track students bathroom breaks and behavior.

I also wonder what kind of reward system to use for my classes.

And I'd love to hear what you all do for Reading and Writing back to school kick off activities, such as reader's theaters, read- alouds, and overall community building within EACH of your classes! I have three, about 25 kids per class.

Any and all advice is so appreciated!!!

bella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Becca4

Tickets
Old 08-30-2018, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our students earn tickets. The tickets are used at a grade level auction at the end of each nine weeks. We collect things from home and things that other teachers bring in for us. On auction day, we set aside some time as a grade level for the event. Students bring their tickets and bid on items. It is ALWAYS a huge hit!!!! Warning: As teachers hand out tickets, they initial the back. We all know what kind of tickets we all have so they don't try to sneak in some store bought tickets on the day of the auction!!! We had two students try that the first year we did it.
Becca4 is offline   Reply With Quote

prestolj

Rewards
Old 08-30-2018, 06:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Whatever you do for management, make sure you are all VERY CONSISTENT or you will have a big problem with parents and the kids figure it out quickly!
Check out Michael Linsinís Dream Class program.
prestolj is offline   Reply With Quote

SteelerFan

Document and share
Old 09-09-2018, 01:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

One little bit of advice is to agree on a method of reporting behavior from room to room. This means that you might want to have a form or paper to send to the student's homeroom where concerning behavior can be monitored.
We used this method to keep track of behaviors and sometimes use these records to help a student set goals for improvement.
SteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 11-06-2018, 01:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have noticed that one grade level at our school provided canvas pouches with a Velcro closure for students to carry basic materials to their second teacher. This leaves desks empty for.sharing and students are quickly ready to transition.

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote