Help

ARCHIVE

Pumpkin Party

>

smudgie

Pumpkin Party
Old 10-20-2007, 04:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I love the pumpkin life cycle activity and plan to use it on Halloween. Any ideas for healthy, fun treats for our party that could tie in w/ the pumpkin theme? I thought of pumpkin seeds, maybe pumpkin muffins. We will play pin the nose on the pumpkin.

smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Socks

Pumpkin Treats
Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We will read the story Pumpkin Day by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace and make Pumpkin Pancakes in the morning (the recipe is in the back of the book). We will also read Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper and I will pre-make some and have it in a crock pot for the students to taste. Last year we found our recipe somewhere online but I don't think we kept it so we'll have to search again. We didn't have time to bake the seeds in school last year so I did it at home and brought them in the next day but the kids loved it! We also made individual pumpkin pies. I looked for the recipe on my computer but it must be on my school computer. I can attach it on Monday if you'd like. It was something to the effect of a Nilla Wafer on the bottom of a cup, a mixture of pumpkin and vanilla pudding, then then topped with whipped cream. I know it's not very healthy, but it is yummy!

We also do many math activities with Pumpkins on that day. We do a sink or float, guess the weight, then actually weigh, guess the circumference with yarn, then check, guess the seeds, then dig them out and count (using condiment cups and placing 10 seeds in each cup to help keep track). It is such a fun day!
Socks is offline   Reply With Quote